All rooster flock

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chickenlover88, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    Right now I only have 3 adult chickens the rest are pretty much chicks. They are split into 3 "flocks"
    I have my frizzle turken handicapped rooster and he lives with a 7 week old rir chick and a 7 week old old english game bantam chick right now. So far from what I can tell the old english game is a female and the rir is a male.
    I have another group consisting of a old english game bantam hen and rooster these guys get along with the above group but I am not keeping them together when my Turken recovers because he could seriously injure this hen that is 1/4th his size.
    And I have yet another group of 9 chicks ranging in age from 1 week to 3 weeks these are 7 cochin x salmon faverolles and 2 game x silkie x cochins.
    My question is do any of you guys have an all rooster flock? I'm thinking of keeping my Turken, rir and any of the chicks that happen to be roosters in a flock together and the oegb rooster and hen with any hens I happen to get with this group. If there is a large number of roosters I will probably rehome some of them. Is this a good idea? I'm going to separate my current run into a couple sections and split the chickens into those. My roosters will probably end up living with my ducks. Any suggestions appreciated!

2. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    How interesting! [​IMG] I have 3 roosters and 21 hens. They free range together but I put the boys up in another coop at night. The girls love it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by