All Roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by danielchelsea, Oct 15, 2016.

1. danielchelsea

danielchelsea Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2016
    Hatched in June! We have one more leghorn, but he crows all morning...:)

#1 Big Fluffy...Brahma mix
    [​IMG]

#2 Little Fluffy. ..Brahma mix
    [​IMG]

#3 Marble...Barred Rock?
    [​IMG]

#4 Princess...Leghorn mix
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    1,2,3 all rooster. Let me see a side view of 4

3. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    I am pretty sure its a rooster too but just to be sure.

4. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    1,2,3 are definitely cockerel's... can't see 4 side!

5. danielchelsea

May 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

6. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    Yep rooster

7. danielchelsea

May 16, 2016
    Somehow our 'chicken coop' seems to have turned into a 'bachelor pad'! So far they all seem to get along just fine, and nobody seems overly aggressive yet, so we will just love our group of roos and continue to buy eggs from the store... hahaha!! Thank goodness our neighbors don't mind the crowing!

8. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    Roosters generally do fine as long as there are no hens around. They live in harmony until girls show up.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Usually okay if they can't hear or see hens.

10. danielchelsea

May 16, 2016
    Thanks so much, well as soon as we inquired about them on here. Big Fluffy who we both thought would be our best hope for being a lady, gave us quite the surprise.

We lay in bed yesterday morning about 7am and goodness me! I have heard the leghorns crow in the mornings and were used to the volume of them, this crow was new and it was LOUD!

I hopped out of bed and put on some suitable clothing as it was raining outside, went out and took the side off the coop so I could see them all. All of them nicely roosting in a row all seated except for big fluffy who was standing quite upright in the coop. And then he crowed right in front of me and almost knocked me off balance.

So he went from being very silent to magically finding his voice and in all honesty, he seems quite fond of it. He started off at 6:30am this morning and I made the mistake of thinking that if I let them out of their coop to wander a little bit, that he would enjoy that and stop crowing... nope. The only thing that seems to stop him are mealworms. Clever little thing he is. Doesn't really crow in the afternoons going into the evenings, thankfully. We did order a chicken collar yesterday as insurance, the wife and I were amazed at the volume of the crow, we thought Brahmas were supposed to be more reserved.

Thanks all for all of your help! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by