All Stainless Steel Waterer Nipples

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by SCChickan, Feb 18, 2012.

1. SCChickan

SCChickan New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    I saw awhile back I think from Krull that they sold an all stainless steel chicken watering nipple. Does anyone know of any source for the all stainless nipples? Replies for this newbie appreciated! Thanks!

2. xtapa

xtapa New Egg

Apr 28, 2010
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  3. SCChickan

SCChickan New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Thanks for the reply, haven't seen this provider! I'm VERY new to chickens so I'm still learning the what's up part! I did notice that having to fill up chicken water is a fruitless task as they get it dirty almost instantly! I think these will work great with lots of people using them! However, just curious those who may have used the plastic ones vs the all stainless ones; any pros or cons to either ones? Do they get clogged easily? I'm thinking of doing a pvc hook up, love to have more feedback! Thanks!

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I wonder how those would work out in freezing weather? (I'm not asking this for my own situation...just out of concern for you.)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. SmokinChick

SmokinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Kingsville, MD
    I use the red plastic ones and love them. Use them mounted in pvc and mounted in the bottom of a bucket. The internal parts are stainless steel so no real advantage to paying for a stainless body. Chickens will not damage them. Frozen water will affect them both equally. Frozen water will not flow thru them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by