All that's missing are the chicks! PICS!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by klevesque, Sep 20, 2009.

1. klevesque

klevesque Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Poland, ME
    Finally finished the coop! 25 chicks from McMurray are due in this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kidd42

kidd42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Very nice![​IMG]

3. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    Wow, so you built the coop first and got the chickens second. Hmm....novel concept! Good for you! [​IMG]

4. klevesque

Sep 11, 2009
    Poland, ME
    Aren't you the funny one! LOL!![​IMG]

5. kassy68

kassy68 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Vassar , Michigan
    My Coop
    No.. Shes serious.. LOL You are the first I've seen to build first , buy second..
    Quote:

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] Way organized, I agree! I had a plan and bought a prefab coop but.....coop was put together after the chickens came home (I knew they were going to stay in the brooder for a little while)....then I had to scramble to put a run together......then I figured out that I did not like the small coop and converted the garden shed to a coop. Have a temporary run on that and some details fon the coop to attend to (framing pop door and windows)And all that since May.....Should have planned better...[​IMG]
    So congrats on the coop and run, great job. The chickens will love it....And, really.... I should learn from you...[​IMG]

7. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks good. While I was in Maine last week I saw some eagles (in the East holden area) you may concider covering the run with netting to protect your littles from invaders from above. You did a great job.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  8. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Great job! [​IMG] Just be careful with that chicken wire. The raccoons and opossum and such can bite right through it.

9. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Great Job!!

10. klevesque

Sep 11, 2009
    Poland, ME
    I thought you were suppose to build the coop first. Only makes sense. I guess I really am organized!

I plan on having hubby put up some protection for the top of the run in the early spring. They won't be going out much before that and if they do it'll be with me outside with them. We do have hawks in our area. I was looking outside one day and heard quite the commotion going on. There was a birds nest in the tree next to the window and I saw a hawk grab one of the baby birds and take off with it. I was horrified!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by