1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

all the eggs are dead. :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kookykate328, Jun 30, 2011.

1. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Its my first time and only 5 out of 20 eggs hatched. Today was day 26 and there were 5 eggs left in the incubator that we thought might have a chance of being alive. We used the float test and they looked dead so we threw them away. we cracked them open though and only one looked develpoed but it was dead. [​IMG]

2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Happens to the best of us...what were you incubating in? I put 48 eggs in a few months ago and only hatched 2 chicks [​IMG] stopped incubating for awhile but just got the bator out again today now that Im ready to try again....Just keep incubating, its the only way you will ever get better!

3. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    i have a hovabator. only two out of 48 that is so sad you should try again i am

4. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    im sorry [​IMG] my first hatch they all died befor they hatched [​IMG] but on second try with turkeys and im in lockdown so we will see [​IMG]

5. feliciamckee

feliciamckee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    J Bro
    [​IMG]

So sorry, hope next hatch is better!

6. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    kookykate328

bufforp89

farmgirlforever18

I'm sorry all of you have had bad hatches. I hope the next one goes better for all of you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have 40 on lockdown right now and have a modest hope of hatching at least 4. [​IMG]

7. totallytang

totallytang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    nj
    the first batch i ever did had only one hatch... the second only two... but now i use my own eggs and i have fine hatch rates. [​IMG] keep at it it will work for you!

8. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    Thanks everyone

9. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Good Luck!

10. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

first try... 0 out of 12