All things come to those who wait

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by woodmort, Sep 13, 2010.

1. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    First you get this:
    [​IMG]

Then this:
    [​IMG]

All you have to have is patience, patience, patience [​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I want some too! [​IMG]

3. woodmort

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Things in the mirror look larger dept: The eggs took only 2 bites per.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Better than no bites. Bet they were tasty bites.

5. AnnainMD

AnnainMD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    Very nicely colored yolks. Good job.

6. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    My Grandfather would always cut around the yoke eating the whites first, then would pick up the yoke with his fork and pop that in his mouth. "That's how you eat an egg, boy"! To this day that's the way I do it. Two great tastes from the same fresh egg..................ummm good! [​IMG]

7. woodmort

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Quote:I 100% agree--hate to waste any yoke--never can sop it all up on toast.

8. MakNugget

MakNugget Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    The wait was killing me, until this afternoon when I came across a dozen multi colored eggs from our local farmers market. It was the first thing I bought there. They weren't from my hens but the euphoria I was experiencing could have fooled me!

I don't know why I waited until later tonight but I finally fried one up and dear mother...

Perfection. I spent some time eating with my eyes and nose before cutting into the yolk and taking the first bite. The aroma, texture, and richness of the yolk... Why didnt i make toast? All this brings back how bland store bought eggs have been, and I can't wonder why even bothered.

22 weeks. I think between the 11 remaining fresh eggs and 18 store bought eggs, I may be able to relax enough to allow myself to be genuinely surprised when they break into their routine. I may just pick up more eggs next week to add some color to my soon to be brown eggs. .

9. woodmort

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    There's nothing like going out and spending a bunch of money to stock up on farm raised eggs to get your hens to finally lay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by