All who have traveled with toddlers on a plane ~ advice? Update!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by AkTomboy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    We are flying from AK to SC and well I’m not looking forward to the 14 or so hours just for my sake but add my crib midget and well this [​IMG] is now where we are at.

So where else can I turn to but my fellow BYC’rs!? I am sure many of you have flown with your little ones and can tell me your packing list for the carry on, or any tips and ideas used to help keep them happy. Pretty much all advice you can send my way I will be thankful for.

The only flight the crib midget has been on was a medevac and then the 45 min flight home. So needless to say I am pretty much lost. Thanks again BYC’rs

ETA ~~ He just turned 2 this month and he isnt a fan of TV ~ silly kid right?! He would much rather be playing and working with tools or animals...dang that farm raising I have been doing...right lol

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    shoe bombs and underpant bombs.... oh wait, wrong thread. [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    cheerios, juice box...

crayons, coloring books...

portable dvd with headphones and lots of movies

fav toys

4. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Benadryl! [​IMG]

5. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Try a portable DVD player with headphones and some Little Einsteins or other shows he/she might like. Also suckers and also Fun Dip (it's got a stick that they dip into pixy stuff and lick off).....we did this with our twins.......it kept their mouths busy! Hope you get more ideas!

6. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
  7. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    1. DVD player~~~Check
    2. Benadryl~~ Check~~ although normally does not make him sleepy but we can always try

8. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Xanax, for you :p

9. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    crayons, play-doh (although I don't know if the airline will allow that now-a-days it worked great for me back when I did it) a small bag of legos, magna doodle, maybe go out and get a little cheapy set of farm animals you know the kind like army men. I would suggest that you go and buy a new toy and don't give it to him until the plane is in flight. This way he will be sure to be entertained for at least say 4 to 5 minutes [​IMG] Lots of snacks! I know this is a bad thing any other time but hey kids like them. I mean how many gummy fruits can one 2 yr old consume in 14 hours right?

Just make sure that when you take off and when you land you give him some sort of sippy cup or bottle or else you both will be miserable throughout the entire flight due to ear pressure!!!!

10. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    Quote:I agree...always worked for us![​IMG]

Dang. Someone beat me too it. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by