1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

All you duck lovers, have you seen this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
  2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Yeah, someone else posted this in the Duck forum, too. It's kinda funny, but I feel bad at the same time, too.

There was a big debate because someone swore that they saw a duckling fall through a sewer grate, but there is the same number at the beginning of the video that were at the end of the video. And, I saw the duckling that seemed to have fallen down the grate climb out and run back to mama right before the camera angle change.

That mama sure got her feathers all messed up, too.

Luckily, ducklings have a lot of fat padding around them. I remember a duckling that used to bounce off of rocks all the time trying to catch flies. She's perfectly fine, about five and a half months old, now.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] OMG that was too funny!!! Those poor little babies!! HAHAHA!!!! I know I am sick......

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Poor babies.

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:We were alternating between laughing and "awwwing" while we were watching it.

6. desertdarlene

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:I had the same problem, both laughing and crying at the same time, especially when mama was blowing around.

7. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:I had the same problem, both laughing and crying at the same time, especially when mama was blowing around.

I was both horrified for the little things and hysterical with laughter. I am sick too... Loved the one shot of the duckling that finally gets upright and shakes its head like "whew! that was quite a ride!"

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  8. desertdarlene

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Has anyone noticed how viral this thing has gotten during the last few days? I think the first time I looked, it had about 20K views, now it's well over 2 million.

9. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:I'm sure BYC members had a lot to do with that [​IMG]

10. desertdarlene

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I've spread it around, too. Heading up to three million now. I noticed that the comments seemed to have started to come in really fast beginning around early this morning.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by