ALL YOU PIGEON RAISERS OUT THERE!!!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by muscovy94, Dec 24, 2008.

1. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    hEY ALL YOU PIGEOn raisers I have a question. Is there any thing you give your pigeons to lay more eggs? and also, are your pigeons laying right now??

THANKS.

[​IMG]

2. yardbird tx

yardbird tx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I supply pine needles for making nest at all times.

And I have birds on eggs right now. But I have more loss of chicks this time of year from the cold.

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    If you mean more than two, no. They only lay a clutch of two eggs at a time. Mine are laying at the moment, but Im taking the eggs because I dont want babies.

4. muscovy94

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    well I know that the only lay 2 eggs in a cluch, I was just wondering if there was any kind of food i could give them to make them lay any eggs. because they havent layed any in like 3 months and only raised 2 babies this year. so would anyone know why you have eggs and chicks and mine wont even do anything???

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I dont know if there is a type of food you can use, I feed mine Layer Crumbles along with the rest of the birds. Im in CA, so its possible its warmer.

6. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    I am up in NY and i have about 2 pairs sitting and 1 pair raising 2 week old babies. I had a babay dove but the cold killed it.

7. muscovy94

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Quote:What kind of pigeons do you have??

8. muscovy94

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Oh and thanks everyone for the information. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I have a Pair of White Fantails sitting on eggs right now.
    Mine would sit year round but i pull the eggs in winter as i feel it's just to cold to have babys.
    The white fantails laid eggs in the nest while i was sick and my husband took care of them for me.
    I didn't have the heart to unset them.

Special feed [​IMG] not that i know of i feed mine a bird seed mix with added safflower.

10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Just feed a good pigeon feed, most feed stores can get pigeon feed. Give them more light, most breeders like birds hatch early for show and racing.
    When I raised racers, I gave them, longer light so I could hatch in Jan. and Feb. The parents keep the squeakers warm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by