Allergies?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Aug 10, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Tell me what I can do to breath out my nose please!

I have no health insurance right now.

This is a bad time of year for me. Every year this time like through Oct. I have issues.

The only thing I can think of is to rotor route my nostrils.

I did gargle with hot salt water the other evening....the back of my throat/nose (hard to explain) itches so bad. Eyes are itchy and plugged up but sometimes runny nose. I also keep have sneezing episodes....like 10-20 in a row.

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Zyrtec works for me.

3. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    My little bro had really bad allergies, and he had to get Zyrtec. I think it is 35-45 dollars for 50 pills. I may be wrong, but It is good stuff. Just pricey

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Yep its not cheap. I only take it when I really need to, but it does work. It won't make you sleepy either.

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I sneeze horribly and get the itchy tongue and throat, I take zyrtec but if that is not enough I also take Sudafed(the real stuff you have to show your ID for at the pharmacy). I only started to get allergies at the age of 34 when pregnant with #6. I know they supplement my daughter with singulair as well as the zyrtec for her allergies [​IMG] (guess to breathe easier?)

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I have been sick with allergies and hay fever for over a month.

I take prescriptions boosted with a decongestant at night and antihistamine eye drops throughout the day. I would literally sit and sneeze for hours. I couldn't drive or even go anywhere really.
    I got one of those nasal rinse kits out of desperation. I just wanted a clear enough nose to sleep a few hours straight. It sure made a difference! I still have hay fever, but the sneezing has lessened and my sinuses are clear enough to get some rest. I guess it rinsed out the pollen and other allergens I was breathing in.

7. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:I've never seen one of those before, when I wake up in the morning during the winter time, my mouth is dry and my nose is full of blah. I go to the bathroom for about 5 minutes, and try to pick, rinse out, and pull out. Nasty stuff to have to deal with. I like the vaporizers though. Steam is so soothing.

8. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I've used this on the kids and it really helps. You can buy a Nettie Pot at Walgreens, probably any pharmacy. Allergies are bad this year. It' may sound or seem gross, but it's actually very easy once you get the hang of it and it's very effective.

9. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Sudaphed makes a nasel spray and you are not supposed to use it more than 3 days but it does help for that time.

10. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Wow, I really like it I looked at the video and it looks very easy to use. NICE [​IMG] Gotta Get Me a Netti Pot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by