1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

almost 10 week old BR mix rooster - central maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Grindlefamily, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    I have 1 br mix that I am pretty sure is a rooster. He is kind, has not crowed yet, but has a great comb growing. He has rust colored feathers showing on his back, and some great greens in his tail. His tail is starting to curl. He is currently in with 5 others (4 definate hens and 1 ?? maybe rooster - his brother). I'd like to get $5 for him or trade for a hen??

edited to add: would love a bantam with feathered feet as a trade

Louella

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    He has gone to a home with 6 hens all his own -

May have another Barred Rock Easter Egger Mix Cockeral - he is 10 weeks old and a beautiful chicken. He has many rust colored feathers coming in along with many green ones. I will try to get a picture taken tomorrow to post here.

Louella

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Those were really sweet birds, wish I had room and tollerance for a roo! Someone is a wicked lucky "mom and pop" !

4. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    yes, the lady was really sweet and she has 6 hens just for him, so they will grow up together - the hens are a few weeks older than he is, so I hope all goes well.

Louella

5. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by