Almost 1yr old barred rock roo Long Island NY

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by bahamh, Mar 4, 2015.

1. bahamh

bahamh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Long Island
    I have a barred rock too I have been trying to rehome. Where we live there's no roos allowed. We have found a way around it for the past few months by having a "no crow collar" on him which keeps him quieter, but we both hate it. And the fact that everyone's windows are closed. Spring is coming, he'll be crowing earlier, peoples windows are open and someone is going to hear him. We are hoping for someone that is looking to add him into a flock not a soup pot. He is not aggressive and is very good with his girls. Please understand this is not really something I want to do, but I can't have the town coming cause of him. We are in eastern Long Island. Willing to drive some of the way

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. chickenlover292

chickenlover292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    North Dakota
    I am willing to take him if you can ship him.

3. nikkiquim

nikkiquim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2015
    i am interested do you have some pictures? and what town are you in I am on long island also

4. bahamh

Mar 26, 2014
    Long Island
    I'll get some better pics of him tomorrow and post. We are in the Mastic area.

5. bahamh

Mar 26, 2014
    Long Island
    [​IMG]

This is from last fall, I believe he has gotten a little bigger. He has some damage to his crown due to frostbite

6. bahamh

Mar 26, 2014
    Long Island
    [​IMG]

This is today, he's a very nice boy, not aggressive at all

7. bahamh

Mar 26, 2014
    Long Island
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by