Almost 3 Month Old Rooster Crowing?

BusyStFarmer

Chirping
Jun 12, 2016
Massachusetts
Is it normal for a roo to start that early? Hatched March 9th. He tried for the first time this morning. It was actually quite hilarious, he sounded like a broken party favor. He started at 6 am and did it about 5 times within 30 minutes and then hasn't done it since. I am VERY sure he will get himself going again. Just curious because I thought it generally started around 4-5 months. Does this foreshadow a chatty kathy or is he just an early bloomer?

Is it normal for a roo to start that early? Hatched March 9th. He tried for the first time this morning. It was actually quite hilarious, he sounded like a broken party favor. He started at 6 am and did it about 5 times within 30 minutes and then hasn't done it since. I am VERY sure he will get himself going again. Just curious because I thought it generally started around 4-5 months. Does this foreshadow a chatty kathy or is he just an early bloomer?
Yes, my welsummer rooster started to crow around 2 and a half months

I don't know if that's a settling thought :lau

Depends on if you can sleep thru it. My bantams usually start crowing about 2 to 2 1/2 months. All my roosters start crowing around 4am. I'm usually up by 3 so it doesn't bother me and when I'm not working I sleep thru it and get up around 6.

That seems so young. Everywhere I looked it said average 4-5 months. They should probably change that :rolleyes:

Honestly it scared the crap out of me because I thought one of them was hurt. Then I seen them rear back and let out the poor attempt of a crow.

My oldest was almost 5 months before he let out a crow.

I think they are just early bloomers

Back
Top Bottom