Almost 3 weeks and loving it!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BarredRockGirls, Mar 21, 2013.

1. BarredRockGirls

BarredRockGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2013
    Ohio
    I just had to make a post and say that the older my girls get the more I fall in love ! They are really starting to show personality now haha they watch every move I make when I come to their brooder and one of them is my lil shadow . She follows me all around the brooder wen I'm changing feed and water and wherever I bend down and hold my hand out she"ll race over and literally knock over the others to hop up on my hand . No matter how high my hand is she jumps up there ;) it's so fun !
    I think they are getting bored w the lil branches I have in the brooder so ima upgrade them. They looooove treats and are getting sooo big! Some of them are almost all feathers already!
    Here's some pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] being a lil piggy haha
    [​IMG] My lil jumper lol
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]these pics are from 3 days ago .. They are almost all feathers and 10% fuzz now ;( awwww it was like it happened over night! It's crazy! They doubled in size too ! Jeesh . Love my girls! All 15 flapping fluttery feathery fuzzy CHICKS! Hahahaha <3

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. Manda07

Manda07 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    They are soooo cute. Ours are 5 weeks old. They change so fast but your right, they just get cuter and more fun the older they get! We are first timers and it's the best time ever.I never thought we would be these people. hahaaa

3. WickeeChickee

WickeeChickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Madisonville, LA
    I know, right? Every morning when I wake up they look scruffier than they did 8 hours before! Too funny - mine have darker feathers sticking out on their shoulders which make them look like sooo silly lol! My favorite description of them is one lady's observation that they were "um...blossoming." [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BarredRockGirls

Mar 6, 2013
    Ohio
    Awww that's so cute! It is so fun lol my hubs thinks I'm looney ha but no they are just really cool!

5. WickeeChickee

Feb 28, 2013
    Madisonville, LA
    Yeah, I really think I've found my calling as a backyard chicken mom lol! My husband came up with the whole idea originally but then I just went nuts and ran with it. I mean, literally, my "happy place" involves watching chickens in the grass now. I've completely lost my mind and its so hard for me not to go out and get more chicks because I'm interested in all the different breeds! I hope I dont become a "chicken hoarder!!" Aaaahhh!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. QuirkySue

QuirkySue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    BC, Canada
    Lol at your chicken hoarder comment! I think I may end up being one of those. I was searching online last night and I think I am allowed 99 layers, or up to 200 starts. I've got a good start already :)

7. BarredRockGirls

Mar 6, 2013
    Ohio
    o yes i understand lol i love just watching my chicks and playing w them and all the time im wondering " hmmm would they like this ? oooo theyd love that! " like treats or re arranging thier brooder alot . their pen is spotless im in there so much . and NOW that i got chicken fever - i started w 15 haha i just ordered DUCKS - 4 Pekins to go w my chickies!! my chicks were a gateway animal i swear! i cant wait till my ducks get here too then ill have 19 lovebirds! its going to be AWESOME!!!

8. WickeeChickee

Feb 28, 2013
    Madisonville, LA
    Ha! Chicks are a "gateway" animal. Love it! My new ambition is to have a small farm one day and raise chickens. I hate these space constraints forced on me by only having a backyard! I want goats and border collies (already got one, who is awesome btw) and all the chick breeds my little heart desires! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by