Almost 4 weeks old and think one of my "pullets" is a roo

jywel417

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Atlanta
Some of the babies are now almost one month old !!! Can't believe how fast the time goes. I am wondering on more than just this one chick but am the most curious on this one. I got this EE chick out of the assorted pullets bin and am starting to think maybe its a roo? It has a much larger comb than the other EEs, comb is turning red and it acts more aggressive already . . . I haven't really named any of this batch of chicks til i decided if they were male or female but this one may be called 4th of July bbq . . . .

DSCF5224-1.jpg

DSCF5241-1.jpg

DSCF5239-1.jpg

DSCF5244-1.jpg

This one is much flightier than the others so is harder to get good pics of, sorry I don't have a great body shot on it
hmm.png
I will try to get some.

That's what I was thinking . . . .hopefully he will calm down. My RIR straight run chick that is def a roo as well just lays there and watches this one attack everyone else. It is quite funny, the RIR is like, ummmmm yeah, good job . . . . I hope he calms down tho, I can't have him terrorizing everyone . . . *sigh* I think its hopefully baby energy lol
smile.png

nah, i couldn't eat him if I wanted to
hmm.png
Thats just what I call him when he is really harassing all the other babies. . . I also threaten to go ahead and throw him in with Bertha, my dominant pullet (she is 2months), and let him have fun with her, but seeing as she is quite a bit larger than him . . . . lol
smile.png
he is really a stunning little guy
smile.png
really do hope he decides he doesn't have to charge everyone in sight haha

Back
Top Bottom