Almost 7 weeks old, please tell me one of them is a she (BIG PICS)

Alphau

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
Morganton NC
hey all thanks for viewing/help anyway this is my first time raising chickens. They are all almost 7 weeks old, and I'm really thinking I have 1-3 girls of 15
sad.png
I'm going to show the pics of ones that I think are potentially the pullets.

First up is Fudgey, a BA which I "Hope" is a she...also attaching a picture of Colonel Black, same age BA (i know hes a roo)

Fudgey

Colonel Black (pretty sure hes a roo, same age as Fudgey)

Firetruck (EE, pretty sure hes a boy but I can hope i'm wrong)

Snuggles

Henry or Henrietta?

Thanks for looking, Hopefully the experts can help out
smile.png

The EE is surely a roo, the BA is probably a roo, not entirely sure on the Wyandotte - Lovely comb thoug!! - Which makes me think, if its from a feedstore or a hatchery, then it's a boy. . .

Snuggles also looks like a boy with that prominent pea comb. Sorry.

What do the rest look like? I think maybe the last one could be a pullet, but the rest look like boys to me. Out of 15 I sure hope you get some girls.

Oh man. I guess we were kinda holding our breath and crossing our fingers on a couple of them. Everyone of the chicks is slowly revealing itself to be a boy
barnie.gif
Now we know to stay away from the place that sold of these chicks. "Straight Run" for $1. Thought maybe we would get a lot of Roos but not ALL Roos.
somad.gif
15 chicks and 15 roos. That doesn't sound like much of a Straight Run to me unless we hit lottery odds when picking these chicks out.
th.gif
Guess we are have 15 chicken dinners on the way
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom