Almost bought a few ducks....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ruditchka, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Went to the feed store to check out their chicks today and saw the cutest bright yellow ducklings! 4 bucks apiece, but they were soooo cute...., had to contain my composure, turn around(after a few minute of gawking!), and walk out empty handed. Just not sure how deep I would've got myself into having a bunch of eggs due to hatch May 9th. One species at a time, one step at a time!

2. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    I have cute duck eggs......VERY CHEAP......easy to hatch!
    You need them.......
    (the wide spacing is intended to plant a cyber subliminal message!)

LOL

3. Ruditchka

Mar 28, 2009
    Oh BTW, I have chicken eggs due.... (but 5 healthy yellow ducklings for $20 bucks, minus the 4 week wait, egg questionabilities, and no incubator costs was SOOOOO tempting!)

4. Ruditchka

Mar 28, 2009
    Quote:I see those cute little duck photos flashing between your words! That's just plain mean!!![​IMG]

5. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    [​IMG]

You will dream about ducklings........

6. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    [​IMG] You are so EVIL! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    You KNOW she wants them! LOL!

8. Ruditchka

Mar 28, 2009
    I'm already day-dreaming about them! I hope it doesn't continue throughout the night once I'm asleep. Love them duckies!

9. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh c'mon, I didn't even WANT ducks and now I have a whole incubator full and they're ALL developing!! They come waddling into your dreams and the next thing you know you got geese and turkeys and guineas and quail......just check out the siggie below.....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. Ruditchka

Mar 28, 2009
    Quote:You mean "he" wants them......! Yup, I'm one of those guys who loves hew-born anythings.... I've bred cocker-spaniels a few times also. I just love the miracle of birth and the responsibility of caring for them when young. I'll never lose the excitement that comes with it(seeing the births and being surprised with the colors, sizes, and such, regardless of species!), no matter how many times I watch! Come egg-wiggling time, I won't be able to sleep until hatched. Well, maybe with my head on the bator a little!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by