On Saturday My wife and I were remodeling the bathroom and had it just about gutted by noon. We take in abused dogs, mainly shar peis. I was taking a break and had the dogs out back. Our male who we have had for three years has bitten before, mainly nips, but has been quite a while since he had done that. As I was walking by I reached out to pet him and I heard a low growl. Before I could pull back he bit me in my index and middle finger on my right hand. The bite to my index finger was slight, but my middle finger took a deep bite. I rushed in the house, flushed it out well making sure to squeeze out a lot of blood. I put neosporin on it, bandaged it and went back to work on the bathroom. The next morning I woke up very early to a hand like a balloon and a finger that was turning purple with blisters beginning to form. As soon as the ER doc saw it she said "we are admitting you." To make a long story short, by Sunday night I was in a lot of pain, on an IV antibiotic and on morphine. Scared the hell out of my wife. The antibiotics did work, but it took a couple days. I am now home and the dog is being put down. Had no idea that dog bites were this dangerous. Luckily I had insurance, plus aflac to cover my bills. If you are bit by a dog be sure to have it checked out right away. Don't wait. I will still be on antibiotics for 2 weeks and can not go back to work for at least a week. My middle finger is still covered in blisters, but has almost returned to it's regular color. The doc said that if I had waited another 24 hours I would have probably not made it. Glad I went in when I did. My son and his buddies came over to help my wife with the bathroom remodel and they did a great job, still a few things to do, but it will get done.