*Almost broke down and bought one....*

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
I almost bought a still air hova bator today at my local TSC store, they had them for 45 dollars.... I wanted to sooo bad!! But wanted to do some research first. Are these good bators?

Ive been using a borrowed temp set hova bator. It is awesome but if this one will work good too why not??

Just want some info and pros and cons or why I should or shouldnt buy it. Thanks!

Quote:
Biggest con = still air. You will get better hatches in one with a fan circulating the air and evening out the temperatures.

I have the basic hovabator with forced air and it has done me well for 3 years. I had a massive egg explosion in it this summer though and hatches haven't been the same since
sad.png
Even with major disinfecting.

I have a Little Giant still air incubator and have had great luck with it...considering I have a small child that likes to "help." I think that everyone finds what works best for them, and, of course, that becomes their favorite or recommended incubator. My sister has the same model and has had terrible luck with it...but it could just be the person...not the incubator.

I hope that you find the incubator that is right for you! Good luck!

jumpy.gif

Hova's are some of the better styrobators and a fan will really help, but whatever you do don't ever even consider the infamous egg killer commonly known as the LG made in China. If you do any serious research you will certainly find that out for yourself, good luck hatching.

Still air hovabator for $45 you can't beat that. I would go for it. Here's how to wire a PC fan to put in the incubator. Just mount the fan into the top of the incubator with small bolts. You don't have to buy the $40 fan assembly that they sell for it.
70328_fan_wiring_diagram.jpg

I prefer circulated air incubators over still air incubators. I installed a fan in my still air Hova-Bator and my homemade incubator. I think fans are good, they circulate the air so you don't have hot or cold spots and it also helps the chicks dry when they hatch. This is just my opinion. Everyone is different.

Back
Top Bottom