1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Almost" Chicken Statues...lol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Omeletta, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    OK, my poor babies!

They have lice (or had :thun ), which they got from a friends flock... [​IMG] love you friend! lol

Anyways, we dusted with DE, and we were VERY thorough! We were careful around the mouth and nostrils. So we took some pics, and are they ever cute, like little ghosties! THEN it RAINED! Hard! I was out for about an hour, and all I could think of was that my babies had turned to a plaster-of-paris like caricature of their formerly beautiful selves! I was mortified! They NEVER go in the coop when it rains, the little boogers! Well, i get home, running and slipping in the mud, and low and behold ALL of them are in the coop!

SO here's the cuties...

the bath...
    [​IMG]

the babies...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they are completely back to normal today (I dusted yesterday), and no lice...so I'll dust again in 9 days...

2. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    ps, I dusted the coop really well, too

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Omeletta.....I was LOL so hard, just thinking of little statues in there..you poor thing. At least they DID go in the coop! LOL Hope the lice problem is over for ya!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by