Almost finish with the RUN!!!! Yay!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MelissaTXRn, Aug 8, 2013.

1. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    How do y'all get it tight? I am used to using a wire stretcher and making every fence tight and pretty looking. Every way I have tried to attach the hardware cloth on my run, it always leaves a weird spot in one corner. Any ideas???

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    Anyone out there???

3. brains

brains Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2013
    Geauga County, Ohio
    Subscribed. Just getting ready to put mine up

4. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    Us too. That is the only part of our run and coop we aren't finished with.

5. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    Anyone want to weigh in?

6. jorey

jorey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    north adams
    I usually go along top edge completely then do the bottom edge then the sides. If there's a middle board I do that before the bottom edge. Basically, start at the top and work your way down then do the sides. Long sleeves, jeans and gloves are a plus unless you want to look like you had a fight with 10 cats. Lol

7. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    Lol Jorey. I know it. We live in the country and we have had several "cat fights" with all kinds of wire. Lol We went wrong by trying to hang it horizontally like a fence. We will start over and do it vertically. Thanks

8. thomasboyle

thomasboyle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Northwest Hills of CT
    I put hardware wire around my 16x16 roofed run, and I bought a 36" x 100' roll of 1/2" hardware wire. I put it on the bottom and then the top, each layer a continuous run (as much as possible). It helps to have a helper who can hold the far end at the right height, and pull it tight. I used 1 1/2 inch staples in a air nail gun to attach it to the wood framing.
    [​IMG]

9. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    As soon as my husband gets home we will "suit up" and go for it. I think we will hang it vertically. Not sure yet, but we are screwing it into metal, not wood.

10. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    We took off the pieces we had already hung horizontally. One word! VERTICAL!!!!! Sooooo much easier:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by