1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Almost Finished "Chick Inn"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by imprimis, May 30, 2008.

1. imprimis

imprimis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    The Thumb, MI
    I wish I would have gotten the camera out during the beginning steps of building, but I was in such a rush since the chickens were getting too large for their brooder. The reason I waited so long to start this coop is that I was going to get a free coop from a friend but couldn't make arrangements for someone to haul it to my house.

It's 12x18 and have about 375 bucks invested in materials. I have a bunch of vinyl siding leftover from my garage so it will match perfectly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not finished inside either but I was bound and determined last night to get them out of their cramped and stinky brooder. At 1:30 am they checked into the Inn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. brookwoodpat

brookwoodpat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    you mean twelve by eight, right? It looks nice.

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

No insulation? Or are you adding later?

4. imprimis

Apr 11, 2008
    The Thumb, MI
    Yes you are right, it's 8 x 12. I work with paper all day that is cut to 12 x 18. I wish it was that big.... more room for chickens....

No insulation, we raise tough chickens up here in Michigan. [​IMG] The coop will be have Tyvek around it an vinyl siding. It shouldn't have any drafts whatsoever.

5. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Nice to see some one else from Michigan on here. ::waves::

Cute coop!

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Very cooL!

7. imprimis

Apr 11, 2008
    The Thumb, MI
    Thanks Anny and Tif. It's been thrown together quick to get my chickens out of their brooder. Now I can finish it up correctly. I have to get the siding on it and that should make it a whole lot nicer........... Go STATE!

8. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    Looks, nice! Can't wait to see it with the siding.

9. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    Cool inn!! We were lucky enough to have a shed already here that we're converting, so all we have to build is the run. So nice to see some more Michigan people! [​IMG]

10. tricia

tricia Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2007
    West Central Wisconsin
    Very nice! How many chickens do you have? This looks exactly like the coop I have in mind, same size and everything! [​IMG]

And I love the name - Chick Inn!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by