1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Almost finished coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AMSpsg18, Mar 26, 2009.

1. AMSpsg18

AMSpsg18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    Somersworth NH
    Just a few pictures! Tell me what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's roughly 15 by 8 feet and we still need to seperate their living space from out storage space and then build all their nesting boxes and roosts. So so far so good and they will be nice and toasty warm during the winter with all that isolation! Let me know what you think or have any input with the development![​IMG]

2. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    OMG! That is WAY too nice for poultry! hahaha....my real house kinda looks like that. Wow, lucky chicks!

I have ducks and found this free LITTLE TIKES playhouse. I think ducks don't like shelter so I am glad it was free. My website shows my set up. Sweet hubby is building a new one now. Some crafty PVC connections that will connect to the TIKES house. Should be nice if he ever gets back to it!

3. Chicken03

Chicken03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Western Pa
    :thumbsupWOW thats awesome!!! Looks like a little house. Great job.

4. gilbertine

gilbertine Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Gilbert, SC
    Wow, that's really something! How many chickens are you planning to keep in there?

5. AMSpsg18

Jan 13, 2009
    Somersworth NH
    For now I've only started with 6 girls and a roo but I think I will have to get more!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What will be the final indoor square footage for the chickens? Looks huge.

7. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    your house is coming along fine and looks real nice. where's the coop ? [​IMG]

8. AMSpsg18

Jan 13, 2009
    Somersworth NH
    Quote:Ha my father helped me build it and he got a little excited when I gave him a project but we both had a good time doing it together!

9. AMSpsg18

Jan 13, 2009
    Somersworth NH
    Quote:The whole thing is about 120 sq ft but not sure how much the chickens would have quite yet most likely half so 60 sq ft

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by