Almost finished incubator ( Pictures ) Tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Joey8765, May 16, 2010.

1. Joey8765

Joey8765 Songster

May 8, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG]
    The left switch is like the powerboard and if you're about to be electrocuted it will shut everything off
    The middle switch is the dimmable lightbulbs controller.
    The right switch is to plug the computer fan into.

[​IMG]
    As you can see the inside is no where near finished, I need to buy an accurate hygrometer, we ordered one to come in to our local fish shop (they have them)
    The lightbulbs are on either side,
    Still need to buy some hardware cloth / Wire mesh
    Need to get an automatic egg turner
    You can see the cpu fan there, we wired that up to the old mobile phone adaptor (240V Input*, We don't have 120V Input here in Australia!

Tell me what you think! [​IMG] Any suggestions appreciated

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. SeaHen

SeaHen Songster

Mar 14, 2009
    Springfield, OR
    Are you really 12 years old? I think you're a genius! [​IMG]

3. quail kid1

quail kid1 Songster

Mar 20, 2010
    Hey I am also building my own incubator lol, and i am 12 years old too, I also have hermit crabs lol My
    incubator is nearly finished, by the way neat incubator [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  4. bahamas

bahamas Songster

Jan 16, 2010
    awesome. thats better tha anything i could cum up with. keep us updated.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:PC fans are 12V usually. If that's not a typo then I bet it is moving a lot of air with 240Vs running threw it....

6. Me & My Peeps

Me & My Peeps Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    Western MA
    Quote:PC fans are 12V usually. If that's not a typo then I bet it is moving a lot of air with 240Vs running threw it....

LOL! They'd be all pressed against the far wall from the hurricane force winds.......little chick cheeks flapping in the wind LOL

Seriously Joey8765, nice job! I admire your attitude and desire to put your energy's towards something productive and not camp out in front of the TV, video games. Nicely done!

My daughter's 13 and my son is 8. We recently got into chickens and it's a great experience for them as well as me. I hope that they will share your enthusiasm and keep learning. Its a great way for me to spend time with them, without having to go to a movie or drive somewhere. Were all learning together!

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  7. Joey8765

Joey8765 Songster

May 8, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback! Yes I am 12 years old - My dad did all the wiring by the way, Oh and about the 240V thing that's the input! Here in Australia there is no 120V input!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by