Almost had 3 kills tonight

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by gottalovemychickens, Sep 18, 2009.

1. gottalovemychickens

gottalovemychickens SaveAChickenRideACowboy

i went out to the chicken coop and when i walked around the corner , guess what happen . 3 Coyotes went running , i had my pistol in my hand but its dark and didnt feel safe taking the shot .

!!!!!IM ON HIGH ALERT RIGHT NOW !!!!!

Dam coyotes

2. stephhassler

stephhassler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Eastern Iowa
    Good grief - I thought I had it bad trying to stave off the hawks and owls. I simply cannot imagine having to deal with coyotes. How scary! Good luck and keep that pistol handy.

3. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    your heading says almost had 3 kills tonite, should be changed to . if i had not been present, i wouldve been out of the chicken business

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    yea me too seems like every time the dog barks I am on alert for some kind of critter trying to get into one of the coops. ugghhhh never ending battle keep those eyes and ears open!!!!

5. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    grandfather had LOTS of problems with coyotes around his duck pond. There was a pack of 5 that would sleep in our neighbors yard(He LET THEM! [​IMG]) and sneak over to our pond and take as many ducks as they wanted before we knew it..

6. gottalovemychickens

Quote:ya every little noise that i hear at night scares me and i have to go and grab a weapon to protect my chickens , i hate it but oh well i love my chickens

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Let me say this duct tape and a flashlight make that night shot highly successful! tape the flashlight to the gun and happy hunting.

Those critters are tenacious and will be back.

8. gottalovemychickens

Quote:dont need i have a night vision scope on all my rifles , so im good i can see anything at night with in 300 yards

9. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:dont need i have a night vision scope on all my rifles , so im good i can see anything at night with in 300 yards

Double Thumbs up on both.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Too bad you don't have night vision on your pistol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by