Almost hit a deer..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickiKat, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Driving home from a little stop at the WalMart. Sun was impairing my vision because it was at the top of my windshield but in a place that the visor could not block it. There were dark trees on the right side of the road. All of a sudden there is a deer in front of me. Looked like a female, full size with no antlers. She sort of slid on the black top then looked at me like, "oh I may have made a bad decision". So I slam on the brakes. The WalMart bag in the front seat goes flying. My heart misses a few beats..... Then she darts on across to the other side and down the bank. It all happened so fast... whoooo. If I had been going faster, which on that road I usually am, I would have hit her. If I was not watching the road, I would have hit her... And I drive a really small car..... Okay, that's enough excitement for me today!

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    yikes! glad you are ok.

3. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Whew, glad you both were okay. [​IMG]

4. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Glad you're ok.

I hit a deer in my new Nissan 2 thanksgivings ago... will never live that down

Hit a buck in DH's new pickup about 2 months ago, killed on impact, but we can't find where he hit the truck. I guess that's the one I should drive.

5. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad you are ok and all but.... Why would a female have antler? Unless are they mutated in Kansas?!? I need to shoot me some of those type of deer!

6. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:
    Looked like a female, full size with no antlers

[​IMG]

7. SeramasLovers

SeramasLovers Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Wichita,Ks
    Glad you're safe. I exprienced similar to what you gone through except it was a thick foggy night.

8. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Sounds like you missed out on some choice venison!!

[​IMG] just kidding... [​IMG]

9. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Scarey, So glad your ok!

10. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    I came within a fraction of getting a deer, oops, hitting a deer two weeks ago. he dodged right, I dodged left and slammed breaks... I'm sure I should have found deer hair pinched under the edge of my hood, that's how close we were. nice looking 6 pointer. but the good news is now I have the phone number for the conservation department and the closest venison processing company on my cell phone... just in case...
    it's an area where I see deer just off the road in the swail or the fields 2 or 3 times a week... I'm careful through there now.

glad you're ok!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by