Almost lost my Princess last night...

fishnet1971

'Birds Momma
13 Years
May 25, 2010
'Bird 'n the Fluffy Butts coop in Ohio
Last night I had one of the scariest things happen to me and my little white Cochin Princess. I had been giving my girls green grapes for a cool snack, most of them got bit in half by myself before I threw them to them.

My little white Cochin Princess must have gotten a hold of one that was full size. I saw her a few seconds later and she was moving her neck around really wierd and kind of gasping a little. I didnt know what was wrong. I sat with her for a few minutes and she had this terrible look in her eyes. she just looked at me so helpless. she was kinda gurgling down in her throat. way down

First though? she's chocking on something. I grabber her and ran for the garage. Sat down, flipped her over upside down on my lap and started to massage her neck. I had read here on the site of people doing this, of putting their head down and feet up, and trying to get stuff out. So that's what I did. got lts of foam, some water and I kept going. I am sure it was only a minute or two, but it seemed like forever.

To my amazement, up comes half a grape. then I felt a whole grape in her throat. HOLY COW.. i massaged it up and it would barely fit out her mouth. i took a pair of tweezers and grabbed it and pulled it out. wow...
I turned her over and sat her on my lap for a minute or two. The immediate look of thanks came across her eyes like a flash. instant heart bonding.. more so than when I had to open her eyes when she was a day old. they were sealed shut.

She's ok. maybe i should have named her chance?
that's my princess. oh yea, Peaches is just as well as ever for those of you who remember her day old photos.

here they are the fearless foursome.

58585_chickens_002.jpg

Princess is the white ball of fluff in the front. Peaches in the rear, Cassidy and Sundance are the Americana and GLW.

58585_chickens_003.jpg

Very good job- it's a good thing all the awesome people around BYC gave tips like that so that you knew how to save your chicky!
smile.png

Super happy you saved that sweetheart's life. As I said- GOOD JOB!
ya.gif
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom