Almost lost one today! Jail break!

vjbakke

Songster
8 Years
Mar 21, 2011
MN
We have a dom that we separated in a make shift coop and run made from our old dog house and 4ft fencing. We wanted to only treat her with the antibiotics. She can only see out of one eye right now. She was making loud noises due to being separated from the rest of the flock. I felt sad for her. My husband and I go for lunch and get back and she's gone from the " medi coop". I was like oh great, there is a half blind chicken wandering the neighborhood! Ahhh. I didn't think would have been able to get over the 4 ft fence! My husband found her on the other side of the garage. Wheew! So happy to find and and thankfully we weren't gone any longer than we were. So now she's back with the others and they will all be medicated
sad.png
. Oh well it's only for a week. We have no other way of separating her. She's my little sweetie and I hope she gets better.

Whenever I try to seperate a sick chookie for a long period of time it ends in tears! They HATE being alone so much - I think if the others aren't pecking on the sick chicken, and the chicken isn't going to make the others sick, it's best to let it hang out with its friends. They get so stressed it can't be food for their recovery.

Back
Top Bottom