Almost made a serious pre-wedding boo boo

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Apr 4, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We received our custom order "every day" wedding bands last week. They're sitting in the package on my desk.
    We're breaking with tradition - at least that's what my fiance's DD says - because we've tried them on. (He'll also see me in my dress).
    Anyhow, his is a size 13. We ordered mine in a five, because they only come in whole sizes and I really need a 5 1/2. I didn't order a six because I seriously dislike the feelng of a ring twisting around on my finger and knew I wouldn't wear it if it did.
    The first time I tried mine on it fit fine. I just tried it again and got it stuck [​IMG]
    Add taking some water pills to the list of things I must do the day before the wedding. Once it's on there, it's gonna stay.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Go to a jewlers to have them widen it a tiny bit?

I hate when mine are too big or too lil.

3. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    Get it resized ASAP!!! Fingers tend to swell and shrink with the heat and cold. You don't want to end up cutting it off one day. Just get it resized now instead of repaired later!!

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    My sister in law's unity candle went out during the ceremony and that marriage only last a few years. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Congrats! [​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm going to try that. It has engraving on the inside of the band and the outside, so not sure how much they can do. [​IMG]

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    dork...you're supposed to have them resize it before the engravings. [​IMG]

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    ...but it doesn't hurt to see what they can do.

If it's tight now...you're going to have probs every time you take on water.

8. Brelansmama

Brelansmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    McMinnville, Oregon
    My husband got his 'stretched' they have this contraption like a big metal finger that expands just enough to stretch it a bit. Can't hurt to check it out...there's nothing worse that a wedding ring that cuts off circulation!! I'm still packing around some baby weight (yeah, I know she's 3 already! but it comes off SOOOO much slower than it went on!) So my wedding ring is a bit too small, I can only wear it for a few hours at a time, or it causes a bad itchy rash [​IMG]
    Best wishes with your wedding!! [​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I know, but they came with the inside engraving. That's how they are sold. [​IMG] I checked my size on a ring sizer at least a dozen times! About half the time it read as a 5, the rest of the time a 5 1/2.
    The only bright side I can think of is that they weren't very expensive. I may have to order another one in a six. [​IMG]
    If wedding plans didn't have at least one glitch I'd be worried.

P.S. You should see my wedding dress. It's soooooo beautiful. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Thanks for the good wishes Brelansmama. [​IMG]
    We have to go to town next week, so I'll stop by the jeweler that resized my engagement ring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by