1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Almost Positive I'm in the wrong section But fertilized eggs???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Brianm97, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    I don't know where I post this, But I want to get a few of each of these eggs to hatch In our bator. All the auctions were for massive quantites of eggs when we just want a few of each. Quality doesnt matter, Meaning pure breed or Show quality. We just like the colors and color eggs of these birds. We are very responsible and Already have homes lined up for roo's or hens we cannot keep. Please PM me if you know someone I can contact or have one of these types and are willing to ship a few to Ct. One more last thing. When can they start shipping eggs? below is the list of birds we liked

Leghorn
    Silkie
    Polish
    Gold laced Wyandotte
    Olive Egger
    Welsummer

2. Brianm97

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    Bump

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    A really good hatch of shipped eggs is about 50%, so you probably need more than just 2 of each.

Shipping is going to be about $15, no matter how many eggs you get, so you probably need to find a breeder who has several of the breeds you want.

You know, you have to give the members here more than one hour to answer you. Nobody is waiting around hoping they can help you. We all have other things to do and are not on the computer 24 hours a day.

Some of the big commercial hatcheries sell eggs, so you might inquire to see if they will send you a mixed batch with the breeds you want.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Try posting on the Ct thread and see if you can locate the breeds that you want within driving distance. Hatchability of shipped eggs can be all over the place so locally purchased eggs may work better for you. Good luck on locating eggs to hatch.

5. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    They did wait 2hrs to bump...geez!! [​IMG] Or at least I found this funny?? [​IMG]

6. Brianm97

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    I'm not sure If it was more rude or funny LOL. Thanks sour, I'll go look there now.

7. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I'm a thinkn it was a grrrrrr......!!! [​IMG] lol

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yep!

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Post an add on your farm and garden local craigslist. You never know who has what breeds around you! I just ran across an ad for someone local to me with pretty nice looking langshans--who knew?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by