almost there! *FINISHED update!*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by crimsnchic, May 5, 2009.

1. crimsnchic

crimsnchic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    The chicken run is finally done, should have started that before the coop, which is still unfinished (wanted to finish the run to put them out during the day). I think the girls like it, they have been spending the days out there and are brought back in at night. After this weekend hopefully they will be outside for good [​IMG]
    Getting too big for their brooder!
    [​IMG]
    the run with the coop inside, I only took up 6 feet of my dh's 16 foot lean-to
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Girls enjoying the room!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Looks really good......I bet they love it![​IMG]

3. Bridget399

Bridget399 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    Looks great! Post more pics when it done, I would love to see the finished coop!

4. chills

chills Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    looks large enough for more!

5. crimsnchic

Mar 16, 2009
    Quote:I figured by building big, I won't feel as guilty when they don't get free time outside of it, but yeah, it is 6' x 12'

6. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow - nice coop and run. I love it.

7. crimsnchic

Mar 16, 2009
    So I am finally finished with the coop! Ok, my wonderful dh is finsihed [​IMG]
    the communal nestbox and view from under the lean-to off the shed
    [​IMG]

view with the people door open looking at the front of the coop, big door to clean out the coop!
    [​IMG]

View from inside the run, looking at the pop door
    [​IMG]

Inside view from the pop door, have a deterant in the nestbox for now and one roost that spans the coop diagonally
    [​IMG]

And then a view of the feeders under the coop, Penny and Sally wanted to get on it [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It works great and hopefully the venitilation will be enough for the south... the side vents should get the predominant wind and then there is a huge screened are on the roof to let heat rise.

8. Bridget399

Bridget399 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    It's awesome! Your chicks look quite happy! Thanks 4 sharing [​IMG]

9. crimsnchic

Mar 16, 2009
    Quote:Thanks!

10. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    I'm so envious!. I started my coop/run last September, and was so pleased with myself for completing the coop in time to move the 6 week olds into it from our basement. Trouble is I drastically underestimated the time it would take to finish the attached run. Now I have 8 week olds overcrowded and dying to get outside. Your setup looks fantastic and I know it must feel great to have everything finished.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by