1. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

My coop will be finished enough to use after this weekend. We just need to get the clean out door on and some glass in a window. Minor touch up's with the paint brush will follow. I had planned to get 3 hens from my brother that have just kicked into full gear with egg laying. He was keeping them for me until I was ready to take them. Unfortunately, every last one of them were killed by a weasel two nights ago. Argh ! I feel so bad for him.
    I was not able to locate any new egg layers or pullets or chicks anywhere at this time of year, but was able to find a breeder who is thinning out his flock for the winter. The girls are 18 months old, but I'm sure they will be fine for a year or so. They will be my first chickens. Since I live in New Hampshire, I chose birds that are hardy in this area. I am getting one NH Red, one Rhode Island Red and one Plymouth Barred Rock. I will be picking them up on Tuesday after work. I'm sooooo excited! [​IMG]
    I am counting the minutes til I pick them up.
    I plan to do a coop page in the very near future, but if you want a sneak peek at it, I may put up a pic tomorrow afternoon when I have more time to upload a few. Like I said though. It's not quite finished. We will get it done this weekend!!!!! Yea!!!!!!![​IMG]

2. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    sorry about your girls:( but yeah for getting some more. looking forward to seeing the pics [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by