Aloha from Hawai'i

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shyhwngrl, Mar 24, 2013.

1. shyhwngrl

shyhwngrl New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    Kamuela, Hawai'i
    Its nice to be apart of this wonderful group. I jus noticed about 15 mins ago that this is actually a forum, lol. So I immediately signed up!

I recently found a baby chick Feb 23. It was all alone in the middle of our field and chirpping its pour little heart out. I thought at first it was one of our chicks that hatched. We have a hen thats been sitting on her eggs and I pressumed the baby didnt keep up with the clan and was left alone. Ok, granted its our hen I should've left it... But we have 3 other hens that roam free on our property. I wasn't about to let them peck the poor thing to death. And to top it off it, it was towards the evening around sunset and the temp was dropping down to low 60's mid 50's. We just got snow in a couple days prior to me finding the chick. Yes, we do get snow here in Hawai'i. It just doesnt come to our front door like it does in the mainland. We have to go to it, lol.

Well... since I decided I was going to care for it I googled how to care for a lonely chick. This forum popped up and I was soooooo happy to see that there was others out there who had the same questions I had as well.

My sister was given a baby wild turkey yesterday. Some peoples that work at the feed store went hunting the night before and found it and took it to the feed store. My sister went to buy food for sll the animals (they know her very well being she is a regular customer) and gave her the turkey. So I googled once again and this forum popped up again. Thats when I noticed its a forum that people can sign up on.... So Ta-Da! Here I am :)

I look forward to learning a lot! My husband and I are setting our minds to starting our own little farm. So all info I can learn is greatly appreciated.

See u folks on the forums! Thats where Im headin right now... Because I have a question on how to care for this little baby turkey.

Talk to you folks when I do!

Malama Pono (Take Care)
    Shyhwngrl

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, shyhwngrl, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard!! Best of luck to you and your chickens.

3. shyhwngrl

shyhwngrl New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    Kamuela, Hawai'i
    Thank you so much! Glad to be on board! And looking forward to the journey! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. shyhwngrl

shyhwngrl New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    Kamuela, Hawai'i
    *Thumbs up* Im on my phone doing my posts and comments and Im not too sure how to do the smileys, lol.... I love this page! Im goina refer everyone I know to it!

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009