1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aloha from Hawaii

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sunblast, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Sunblast

Sunblast New Egg

Jun 13, 2015
    Maui, Hawaii
    Hi, my name is Becky and i have been a long time chicken lover/owner. I was born and raised on Maui, Hawaii, and have a nice little farm full of animals.

Growing up i had Rhode island reds and arracana's, plus wild and raised chickens and always enjoyed their antics and fresh eggs.

Currently i have serama's, silkies, some crosses of these, a few frizzles, and a cochin. Recently i found some ringneck pheasant eggs and had a broody silkie hen hatch them, hopefully they will survive.

I have long followed this site and used it for research in the past, but finally have joined to best utilize this wonderful site! I look forward to 'meeting' new feather fanciers ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Aloha Becky, nice to meet you. Welcome to the Backyard Chickens flock.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Aloha, and welcome to BYC, Becky. Glad you decided to join our flock. I have lived in Hawaii for the past 23 years and my son-in-law was born and raised in Hawaii. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) was also born in Hawaii. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck wi' da flock.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, Becky and Aloha! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely variety of birds. Love your avatar picture. Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours. Feel free to ask any questions. We are happy to help.

8. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    :frow welcome to BYC !!

9. coocooforchicks

coocooforchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2015
    Hello Becky welcome to BYC!! Glad you joined our flock! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. panaewa

panaewa New Egg

Jan 15, 2016
    Hi and aloha my name is nalu and I live on the Big island.I am new to this site. Interested in purchasing some s eramas if know of any please mess. Me

11. panaewa

panaewa New Egg

Jan 15, 2016
    Hi I'm a newbie to this site.I live in hilo hawaii so interested in raising and breeding Malaysian/American s eramas..would love to find some breeders in hawaii.I have been searching all 7 islands craigslist for these little dudes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by