Aloha from Sunny Northern BC, Canada!

yajra

In the Brooder
May 18, 2022
New raptor dad here, with 6 2 week old leghorns, 6 4 week old leghorns, 1 12 week barred hen, and 1 4 week old goose who has basically asserted dominance.

Loving it. Been on the bucket list forever, and now I am on my way to a full fledged raptor farmer! My kids have been city raised, so this has been an amazing journey for them too, and a learning experience to boot. My youngest has gotten rather attached to our egg girls, and when learning that I would to cull a roo, she was very tore up. So now, no roo cull, and I get a few more chickens to ensure the two boys have enough ladies to be happy! So win for me, win for her, my wife may divorce me.

Best thing we ever did was starting the chicken farm.

Let's hope your wife falls in love with chicken farming before she falls out of love with you :) !

Sounds like you and the kids, at least, are having a great adventure. How can your wife NOT fall in love with adorable baby birds who grow up to be entertaining and egg-producing adults?

Hey, as long as you're adding birds and risking your marriage, I would add one more gosling. My two goose girls are extremely bonded and are rarely out of each other's sight.

Welcome to BYC, yajra! It's good to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom