Alpha rooster

itsafowlthing

Chirping
Aug 26, 2015
Post Oak, Tx
We are just beginning chickening. Our first 4 are 2hens 2 roosters. The Alpha rooster was driving our 2 hens crazy along with 4 others that unluckily are roosters too. So we have taken our "tired" two hens out of the equation and now the other roosters are pecking the heck out of our alpha rooster to the point that he is hiding in a nesting box. What should we do?
1f61c.png

Ok. We've separated him and will check in the morning. We've started with 10 chicks back in February and I'm afraid six of them are roosters. The two hens that just started laying the first 3 eggs are welsummers I have been told. The alpha is a huge RIR.

Ok. We've separated him and will check in the morning. We've started with 10 chicks back in February and I'm afraid six of them are roosters. The two hens that just started laying the first 3 eggs are welsummers I have been told. The alpha is a huge RIR.

That makes sense. The RIR's are bossy birds. And I'm sure there is a law when you hatch eggs the majority (The vast majority?) of resulting chicks will be cockerels.
barnie.gif

Here is a funny for Roosters!!!!!
My only roosters are
2 porcelain d l'ucces and
A Japanese Bantam to the rest of my banties and my 4buffs
2 RIR, 1Golden Comet, and 1 Leghorn.
Sex still pending on my silkie and sultan....
They listen to him to....

Back
Top Bottom