Alright, guys.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheOLDNewChick, Nov 5, 2008.

1. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Well, the election didn't go as well as many had planned. I was up at headquarters at our party/"last supper for the republicans" (as a couple of us referred to it as.) when the results came in. There were tears, screaming, etc....then the few who just grinned, shrugged, and said "Yeah, but it's only four years."

Everyone worked so hard up at headquarters. Louisiana was a red state, we did our job, and I know that. It's just kind of devastating to see what the results were, you know?

Good luck to Barack.

I'm presidentless for the next four years. [​IMG]

Congratulations though, to everyone, dem's and all. And I mean that. Everyone ran a great race, and the voter turnout was amazing. One of the biggest to ever be, I would think.

2. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Hey,one good thing is it has my daughters itching to vote. They are 15 and 14,so this was the last presidential elections they don't get a voice in.

3. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I'll miss voting in the next one, too.

I'll have EXACTLY one month before my 18th birthday by the next election.

I think.

Right?

Wait...no....

I have exactly one month before my fifteenth birthday.

So...in four years...

AGH.

4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    My 14 year old turns 18 on Oct 4, next election year. She just barely makes it.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I take comfort in the fact that our Great Nation has suffered through bad presidents before and perservered and it will most likely continue to do so. I wish our new Pres. Elect good luck in his term and pray that he has the wisdom to lead our country. I myself did not vote for him as I did not believe he was qualified but since he did win I will support him durring his term. God Bless America!

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:This brings up my main question about the whole election. I don't understand how one could say he was qualified, but Palin wasn't. I mean don't they really have about the same amount of experience. Regardless of how one voted, I don't understand this one issue.

ETA: My life will continue hopefully the same regardless of who the president it. I just find happiness in the small everyday things.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Quote:Amen to that! We are a united nation, maybe even more so now. I hope the under God part can get back in there a bit...but I think we are looking good. There are a lot of really smart people in the office now and Obama is definitely one of them. I hope we can all work hard together to for the goodness of this great place we all call home. [​IMG]

8. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Come on, people don't start and lock up this young girls' thread...please?

9. fatguyaz

fatguyaz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:Man, you sure are young. Before talking about how things are not race based, please do some research on your avatar. It's a bit hard to swallow...Not coming down on you, but i think you might have missed the history on that flag. You're not wearing a white hood, just cuz it looks hot, are you?
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Reading over your posts, i'm extremely impressed by how well spoken and well thought out you are given how young you are. I wish more people your age cared about politics the way you do. Red OR blue!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Why try anymore? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by