Alright, it's official...**Update!**

Sparrow

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
.....I'm ordering 2 Black Runners and 2 Crested Fawn&White Runners(all 4 females) from Ideal on Monday. I'm so excited!!

So my question is what I should do to fill the rest of my order. My duck total $19.90, and Ideal's minimum o rder charge is $25.00. Should I just pay the extra $5.00 and have all the rest od the order fuilled with packing peanuts, or should I order a few chicks
big_smile.png
to total the cost to $25 and deal with whatever peanuts they send additionally? Do you think it will make much difference? I just know I'm not going to be able to give up all the extra chicks. o.o I can totally see myself building a Rooster Paradise in the near future.
lol.png

Last edited:
I'd order 3 of each duck. That way there's a spare, just in case. I only bought 2 runners last year and a hawk got one,
sad.png
she is good buddies with the lone pekin (another hawk) though.

Maybe I'm just paranoid though.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely order some more Runners(Yay!!) when I call them tomorrow. I'm not too concerned about bird s of prey...but that's only because my chicken run AND my duck/goose run is going to be covered completely with lightweight, strong poultry netting. But, I can't turn down a good reason to get some Runner ducks!
big_smile.png

You know, it's kind of bad because I can picture that rooster haven being built as we speak.
lol.png

I just placed my order with Ideal. I have 3 Black(possibly crested) Runners, 1 Fawn&White Crested Runner, 1 Cayuga(possibly crested), and 1 Crested Khaki Campbell. All are females and they should be here by Friday! I 'm so excited!! I'm not going to sleep all week.
lol.png

I will probably be able to supply you with roosters as we have a bunch of chicks and a few more coming soon, that we probably won't be able to keep then you can have your rooster paradise

Back
Top Bottom