Alright! Pic heavy; Chicks from Pre-K are now officially ours - ideas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Momagain1, May 17, 2011.

1. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    on what they are???

they are approximately 1 wk old or so:

barnyard mutts???? <sigh> we dont want any roos...and I'm kinda disapointed I think they are
    mixed breeds too..

all yellow (not white like the washed out pic shows)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. acrossthebranch

acrossthebranch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2010
    South Ga
    I'm guessing 3, 4, 5 might be easter eggers? They have greenish feet... don't see puffs though.

3. drivingfive

drivingfive Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Adorable babies! I am *really* new at this but I say the ones with greenish legs are Easter Eggers, they look like our two - they have that EE eyeliner too [​IMG] They are all very cute!

4. MyMummble

MyMummble Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Carson City
    Those are the cutest babies ever!! I am not sure what they are, but the last one kinda looks a baby penguin!

5. ThompsonFunnyFarm12

ThompsonFunnyFarm12 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Quote:I second that! They are alllll so cute!

6. squeak1387

squeak1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    a hand full of them look exactly like the easter eggers babys i had a few months ago. oddly enough that breed has a large mix of patterns. I have some that are black on white, som white on black, some real dusty looking, some dark brown and black and some that just down right look like hawks. The last one (the penguin one) looks like it is possibly a black minorca. that look exactly like ones that i had in with my easter eggers. they are all so cute!![​IMG]

7. chickzillafarms

chickzillafarms New Egg

May 17, 2011
    2-6 look like easter eggers to me as well, the last one I bet is an australorp. We had one just like it we called penguin.

8. AlabamaChickenLady

AlabamaChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Oak Grove, Alabama
    I am going to take a crack at this. I think some of look like babies I've had. So here goes..... [​IMG]

1. White Leghorn - for sure!
    2. ???
    3. EE or Americauna
    4. EE or Americauna
    5. EE or Americauna
    6. Rhode Island Red - for sure!
    7. Jersey Giant
    8. ???
    9. Jersey Giant
    10. Barred Rock
    11. EE or Americauna
    12. EE or Americauna
    13. Looks just like the last Barred Rock's I got a couple months back. Except for the black on the legs/feet. That leads me to think more along the lines of an Australorp. Very pretty!!

What ever they turn out to be, they are sure to be a very pretty group!! [​IMG]

9. Momagain1

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    never had a jersey giant before...or a leghorn (nor did I want one of those flighty ones lol..)...

anyone else care to guess? they are EE"ers even w/the multi-colored legs/feet???

10. Momagain1

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    the yellow one; are leghorns chicks yellow? I had a couple yellow chicks before and I dont have any leghorns now..

is there a chick pic database? I've looked at the breed one..but maybe one w/more chick pics?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by