Alright, that's it...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by OwlLover, Sep 30, 2011.

1. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Hi.
    This is the last night I'm going to put up with these mice invasions. Just last night, I refilled Phoenix's food dish (he's in a separate pen) and I find NOTHING but a little dust and mice paws walking all around it. He doesn't eat at night; but she chirps LOUD (and I mean it when I say loud) and unlocking every single lock gets old. We can't put hard ware cloth around it because we need to save what we have for a new chicken coop ( [​IMG] ) and its so expensive. Which trap would be the most effective, or should I buy an airgun?
    Thanks. [​IMG]

2. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    What I would do that wouldn't cost me any money is this. Tonight; Don't fill the food bowl. He can't eat what's not there. Then, I would take a 5 gal pail or bucket and fill it 1/2 way with water. Take a can, soda can, soup can, whatever and put a string through it lengthwise so that the can can go around (hope that makes sense). Put some peanut butter on the can and tie each end of the string to an opposite side of the bucket. The mouse smells the peanut butter. Climbs up to take a taste. Can spins. Mouse falls in. Mouse can't swim. [​IMG]

3. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Quote:You're a genius I never would have thought of that I was just gonna say poison and snap traps! [​IMG]

4. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    Quote:You're a genius I never would have thought of that I was just gonna say poison and snap traps! [​IMG]

Hahaha! No genius here however. I just watch, listen and learn from other people. If it works...it becomes mine! [​IMG]

5. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You may also put some mice sticky traps which they will get stuck on the sticky traps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by