Alright who did it?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by duckinnut, Nov 7, 2011.

1. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    I was in the coop collecting eggs and heard that distinguishing crunch under my foot. Someone was too lazy to lay in the box and left a surprise by the feeder unbenounced to me.[​IMG] Has anyone besides unassuming me done this? Dont make me the village idiot please. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Yes me! Many many times. I've one black star that lays almost everyday on the floor. Then the girls who don't like a crowded nest and knock others eggs out of the boxes on the floor.

3. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Quote:Funny thing is I got a good idea who was the responsible party because she was in the box earlier and there was a different occupant when I returned. The shell color fits the previous occupier. Chicken is as chicken does I guess.

4. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Ha ha i cracked one in my pocket yesterday [​IMG] forgot it was there!

5. acw123

acw123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Charlottesville
    I cracked one in my pocket that i had my blackberry phone in...good thing I had insurance on it. [​IMG] I always have to keep an eye out for my barnevelder hens who lay wherever they happen to be standing when it is time. Drives me crazy as all others lay in the nesting boxes.

6. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    I have NEVER done it! I'm so perfect [​IMG]

But then, you might want to read my siggy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by