StinkyAcres

Art & Animals
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jul 31, 2017
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
I'm planning on building a cattle panel hoop run this spring. We've built a similar structure for our goats and sheep and used fence staples to attach the panels to the wood frame. Thing is, those staples are very difficult to pound in and just about impossible to take out without special tools. Is there something I can use instead of staples that are just as strong but are easier to install and remove? Thanks!

Use these -

1643932452196.png

Likely found in the electrical aisle. Buy in bulk

Cable ties are temporary. If you go that route, buy the grey/black ones, they are UV stabilized. Will last a couple years, depending on freeze cycles and sun exposure. CLear ones are good for two.

Nope, but that could work.

I used some plastic shelf thingy's, with better screws than came with the thingy's.
Think there's pics in here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aarts-hoop-coop-chicken-tractor.72211/
Thank you! Very nice hoop coop you have there.
Use these -

View attachment 2982698

Likely found in the electrical aisle. Buy in bulk

Cable ties are temporary. If you go that route, buy the grey/black ones, they are UV stabilized. Will last a couple years, depending on freeze cycles and sun exposure. CLear ones are good for two.
That looks like a great option. Thanks!
Is there a particular reason you want to be able to remove them?
I'm always changing things and reusing materials. It will save me time and money.

Back
Top Bottom