Alton Browns Fruit Cake - anyone ever make it??

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by dadthebaker, Nov 12, 2011.

1. dadthebaker

dadthebaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2011
    Los Angeles Area
    Ok...I have never made this. Every Flippin Year, for the last 7 years! I say I am gonna make this animal, and something happens and I dont....well, Gosh Darn It!!!! This year it will be done!!!! ARG!

It looks so decadent! Has anyone ever made it??? please share your results...as I find sometimes good Ol' Alton takes...er..."longcuts" to making things...or adds something that isnt needed or takes out something that shouldnt... For the last 10 years, I simply adore and use exclusively his Pancake recipe...havent found a better one yet. I will post if next.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/free-range-fruitcake-recipe/index.html

I swear! it I gonna make it this year!!! lol

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Looove Alton Brown! I bet that cake is yummy! [​IMG]

3. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Yes, it's very good and so moist. Made it about 2 years ago. Forgot all about it until you mentioned it. I'll have to make it again. [​IMG]

4. dadthebaker

dadthebaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2011
    Los Angeles Area
    Nice! send me one. lol

actaully put it on the "to do" list for tomorrow....er....getting the ingrediants, that is.... proly make it on Wed...photos to follow.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by