Aluminum foil cover on homemade incubator?

That's pretty much identical to what my DIY incubator looks like, except I used a cardboard food shipping box (good food) which has a reflective material on the inside kinda like foil. I covered it in Styrofoam and duct tape. It's good, but there is a lot of work to keeping the temps and humidity right.
Yeah i've heard it's hard to keep the temperature and humidity right, that's cool that you made your own incubator and it worked though! (i'm assuming it worked)

Yeah i've heard it's hard to keep the temperature and humidity right, that's cool that you made your own incubator and it worked though! (i'm assuming it worked)
It did work and I used it for a handful of hatches last year. This year I decided I wanted something more reliable and low maintenance, so I ordered an incubator for spring. I will still use the DIY one, at least for comparison.

You can hatch in anything as long as you provide the right temperature and humidity. Any DIY incubator made from a box or cooler is going to be high maintenance, but will work as long as you can consistently monitor it for changes. That's the reason people buy incubators. It's still fun if you've got the time.

You can hatch in anything as long as you provide the right temperature and humidity. Any DIY incubator made from a box or cooler is going to be high maintenance, but will work as long as you can consistently monitor it for changes. That's the reason people buy incubators. It's still fun if you've got the time.
I'm home all day cause of quarantine lol and i finish school super early cause it's self paced, so I have PLENTY of time to check the incubator (i'll probably check it way too often)

Just made this, now all I have to add is the heat lamp! I also might put it in a second box and put a blanket or towel around it to keep the heat in.
4C5A9749-DA4A-4504-8B7F-687274C92D64.jpeg
3DEC2EF1-34BD-435F-85D9-A53F654B6A81.jpeg
8782946B-F91A-4156-91F4-26BD0CCDFED7.jpeg
BB45136A-2CE1-42CC-A299-B9EBC5066BA3.jpeg
E8C82C20-392B-4CD4-AC1C-7850D35B79ED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom