Aluminum Foil, Plastic Wrap and YOU

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Davaroo, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    I've been using aluminum foil for years. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something & you try to pull some foil out & the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box & start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, yesterday I was throwing out an empty Reynolds foil box & for some reason I turned it & looked at the end of the box. Written right on the end it said, 'Press Here To Lock Roll.'
    And there, on the end of the box, was a tab you press in to lock the roll in place!

I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil & it had one, too. I picked up a box of Saran wrap & it also had one! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

How long have they been putting those little locking tabs there?!
    I mean, who ever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? Lo and behold there it was, the mysterious "locking tab," on every box in the drawer. What a fantastic idea.

If you already know about "The Tab," please dont tell me and make me feel dumber than I already do. If you didn't know about this, please say so, that I won't feel like the Lone Ranger.

Now, if someone would just make plastic wrap that didn't stick to itself, life would be just about perfect...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    [​IMG] I have to say this.......the lock tabs have been ther for several years. [​IMG]

3. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    OMG, I am 55 years old and I never, ever saw this! I just went and pushed in all my tabs! Unfortunately, the wax paper doesn't have one! OMG I can't believe I didn't know this! [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    [​IMG]

I gave up about 3 years ago and buy the commercial rolls from Costco. My kitchen looks like a meat packing plant when I pull out those 4000 ft rolls LOL

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Hey MissP, I get those to. [​IMG]

6. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Quote:You must have one huge pantry, Miss Prissy, to store those! [​IMG]

7. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    wow never knew that all these years of dodging foil rolls!!!.....[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  8. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    your not the only one,i never knew that either...

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    LOL!!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  10. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, I never knew that either. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by