Am hoping for a nice litter of boxers .**more pics added**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickengirlnm, Oct 19, 2007.

1. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    Well I noticed that my brindle boxer is ready to breed -
    If all goes well this will be her first litter I am going to be waiting and hoping for the next few weeks.. not the same as waiting for eggs to hatch but since I dont have a bator yet I guess this is as close to that feeling as I can get right now LOL

here is a pic of my female Abbey ...

[​IMG]

this is Abbey with my male Wally

[​IMG]

I cant wait to see their pups - I am hoping for a nice healthy litter I already know they are going to be cute LOL

Julie

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That pic of them "spooning" on the couch is way too cute. I have a choc. lab and her name is Abby, too. Abby is going to have puppies in about 29 days. Not that I am counting the days or anything. I hope we get all three colors of labs in the litter. [​IMG]

3. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    That picture is way to cute. I have heard that Boxers are quite the snuggle bunnies. Is that true? Like there in no where better they would like to sleep than next to you?

4. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Two Boxers? You must be full of energy! My friend had a boxer, and I've never met a dog with more energy. I thought Labs and Goldies were hyper! I swear that dog had springs for back legs! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  5. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    CHICKBEA -- I thought I had plenty of energy until the boxers came along-- we have three total another female named Daisy- she will play fetch until your arm falls off drives me crazy when we are working in the yard and she keeps bringing you aball and dropping it on your foot if you dont pick it right away she will keep dropping always on your foot LOL

FREEBIE-- yes they are lovers all my dogs think they are lap dogs ( all 5 - 3 boxers 2 mix somethings )

TEXASCHICKMAMA -- you must be pacing the floor waiting - my DH always wanted a lab then we got boxers and our love affair with the breed began- good luck on a healthy and colorful litter - post pics of the babies LOL

here is another couple of pics of our "lap" dogs !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I love your boxers-I used to have a male who was a flashy brindle like your female. With a fawn fathers you should be having lots of colors. I miss my guy-he lived to be 14 before sucumbing to heart failure, but he was the best dog ever. Boxers are so friendly and such clowns and nothing really upsets them. I will look forward to pictures of your pups.

7. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    out of the three we have here I would say that wally the big guy is a big goof ball, but abbey the brindle runs a close second - those two are always up to something !!
    But wally is the big lap dog, he loves to get up on the couch and just lay right on top of you - only problem is once he is there he really will not move ( really a problem when you have to go potty LOL )
    I dont think I can have a house that did not have a least two-three boxers in it I really love the breed, very people going dogs, but if someone were to come near my house the " kids " did not like or know they will give out one heck of a bark !

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by