Am I a buff cochin roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by deuce11705, Sep 29, 2010.

1. deuce11705

deuce11705 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Hello all,

I am wondering what this little fella is. We believe that he is a bantam buff cochin cockerel, but would like some input. A little info... we purchased some Barred Rocks, Delawares, Blue Cochins, Sebrights, Ameracaunas, and 2 odd chicks from an individual. He was selling the chicks cheap as food for pet snakes, so we came to the rescue..lol. He had all of his chickens separated by breed in pens (which is how I decided what I wanted to get my chickens), but the chicks were all mixed up in the brooding room. One of the odd chicks looks extremely like a bantam buff cochin (which I'm happy with), but we just don't know for sure what this guy is. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

He was hatched Aug 1, 2010.

Many thanks!

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    He looks like a D'Uccle mix. Does he have a beard or muffs? Could you post some side profile picks of him?

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    He's not buff but he is a "he." [​IMG]

4. Little Hummingbird

Little Hummingbird Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    Hello,
    He sure looks like Mille Fleur to me . I have a few and they get better color with age.[​IMG]

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    He looks like a Booted Bantam with the Mille Fluer coloring. It doesnt have a beard so its not a d'Uccle and doesn't look like a cochin to me either.

6. deuce11705

Aug 1, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Hi again all. Thanks for the suggestions. I have taken some more, and hopefully better pics, for further pondering.

[​IMG]
    Backside view while on the perch

[​IMG]
    Charger with some of the ladies

[​IMG]
    Today on bug patrol...lol

[​IMG]
    I think he found something!

[​IMG]
    Charger posing pretty for the camera!!

Hope this helps in further identification. Again, thanks ya'll for your help![​IMG]

7. deuce11705

Aug 1, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Hey ya'll...

After checking out the "Breeds" section (just noticed it was there in all my looking around...lol), I am leaning more toward the booted bantam as the breed. The wattles are too big and I read that a D'Uccle has slate legs (Charger's legs are yellow). At any rate, I thank ya'll for helping out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by