Am I a chicken stalker?

CoffeeCow

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Washington, NC
My wife called me a chicken stalker the other day.. and as I was watching and waiting on speedy to lay me a nice blue egg this morning, I can see why my wife said that.

Is it weird to go check on the girls every few hours, and watch them lay? I do that a lot
smile.png

Its just so cool to watch them scratch up the nest and throw the nest materials around them.

so... am I a weirdo chicken stalker? or normal?

I'm as weird as you. I attempt to justify it by saying we have to wait for one of the leghorns to lay and get away from the nesting box or she'd peck at the kids (my little egg gatherers). But in reality I'm more excited about my "girls" than my partners girls are.

That is completely normal behavior,
for a weirdo chicken stalker!!!!!!
You are in good company
wink.png

I love to sit in my coop and watch the goings on, there is so much more to chickens than they are given credit for, I find them fascinating!

Compltely normal (in chicken world) that is. I do this too. I check several times a day as well, and my favorite thing to do is if a hen is in her squatting about to pop a egg out, I stick my hand under her so she lays in my hand, it's neat!

I love watching chicken dynamics and pecking order as well. I have a young rooster who is coming to age and it's hilarious watching him walk around the ladies, picking at the ground, until they chase him off. Hilarious!

I'm a stalker too! I go out in the morning before I go to work to give them 'words of encouragement'.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

When they are pacing and squawking before they lay I tell them nice things and sound VERY sympathetic.

Then when I collect my eggs I thank them.

Only the roo is not impressed with my stalking behavior.

I'm a long-time chicken stalker. Had a hen get out of a tractor that I was moving yesterday. Took about a minute to stalk and catch her again.

You keep birds you eventually turn into a stalker.

Back
Top Bottom