Am i a d Uccle

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bantymama, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I think he is a Porcelain d Uccle or a Blue d Uccle. Or is he something else. He has full feathered feet. We call him Blue because of his color. His blue does not show very good in the pic. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    He's a Porcelain D'Uccle.

3. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Thanks. Now i need to find a hen for him. Anyone know where to find one. Im in Mn.

4. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I'll have hatching eggs available soon if you're interested. I have three 8 month old pullets that should be laying as soon as it starts staying light for longer.

5. king2

king2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    GA
    He is a d'Uccle but I'm not sure if he is porcelain I have two and this is what they look like, maybe its just the picture. then again I don't know much about this breed. He sure is handsome!
    [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    He is a pretty bird but I think he looks like a booted bantam They are pretty much like duccles but they have wattles and not beards I have only seen pictures of booted bantams but I have duccles and they dont have wattles but they do have beards Booted Bantams are also Belgiun birds I think

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    If you crossed him with a porcelaine d uccle pullet I am sure uyou would get mostly duccle babies

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yep, unless he's at our local feedstore, then the owner tells people that he's a Bearded Cochin. [​IMG]
    I'd say Booted Bantam because of the lack of beard.

9. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    You're right about the wattles, I hadn't noticed the first time. Mine all have beards, no wattles in sight. He's definitely a porcelain something LOL Here's a picture of my D'Uccles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    That is very funny Speckled Hen!! I was just at feather site looking at the differences of the two. They have a good site and breed club page

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by