1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am I a D'uccle hen? What kind of roo am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by moonbeam12, Jul 12, 2011.

1. moonbeam12

moonbeam12 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2011
    Hi all! I think I have a D'uccle hen, but I'm not sure...
    [​IMG]

My roo is supposed to be a bantam Wyandotte, but I'm not seeing any lacing, so is he poorly marked, a mix, or something else completely?
    [​IMG]

We also have 3 Japanese bantams, but I know what those are [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    how old are they?

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    btw that d'Uccle looks a little rooish

4. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    That is a bantam buff columbian wyandotte roo. We have a pair. Not all wyandottes are laced.[​IMG]

5. moonbeam12

Jul 11, 2011
    They are about 6-7 months old. Mother-in-law got them as day-olds from an assorted bantam hatchery box and we got them from her in April. Roo crows and we got our first egg day before yesterday from one of the girls with another egg today.

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Yeah I think your d'Uccle is a roo..
    Here is a pic of my Mille Fleur roo an hen who are only a month or so younger then yours

roo

[​IMG]

hen

[​IMG]

7. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    there isnt anything that says roo to me about your D'uccle, how old is she? i have multiple D'uccles that have huge red combs that you were guaranteed were Roos. and i second the buff colombian wyandotte roo call. pretty pretty little guy.

8. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Quote:There is NO way the D'Uccle is a Rooster.. The Wyanotte looks like a Buff Columbian and the D'Uccle is a Self Blue.

9. moonbeam12

Jul 11, 2011
    Both are 6-7 months old. D'uccle is super sweet and my daughter's lap chicken. The Wyandotte roo is my son's favorite. Son has red hair the same color as the roo's feathers! They are best buddies.

10. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    ya there is no way that d'uccle is a roo, it hasn't started laying for you yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by